Here are 9 tips to help you be safe while driving your car in winter in Canada:
- Install winter tires from December 15 to March 15. It’s the Law!
- Have your car completely inspected.
- Install winter wipers.
- Make sure that the tire valve has a cap to prevent snow and ice from entering.
- Have a winter first aid kit.
- Check out the road conditions before you leave. If conditions are poor, use public transit or postpone your trip.
- Keep washer fluid in reserve.
- Make sure you clear your vehicle of snow before you hit the road. Walking in a travelling igloo could have dangerous consequences and be fined!
- Slow down if weather conditions are not good and visibility is reduced.